Grand Rapids Comic Con “Spring Fling”
Friday, April 9th 12PM-8PM
Saturday, April 10th 10AM-7PM
Sunday, April 11th 10AM-5PM
VIP Tickets: $149
• 3 Day Pass to the Spring Fling
• 30 Minute early access to the exhibit hall all 3 days!
• Priority seating at all main stage events and the ability to go to the front of the line for other panel rooms prior to the doors opening for that panel
• Cut to the front of the line for autograph sessions
• Exclusive access to a VIP after-party on Saturday night
• A free convention t-shirt of the choosing of the Grand Rapids Comic-Con in your size
• 2 Grand Rapids Comic-Con stickers
• 2 Grand Rapids Comic-Con fridge magnets
• Grand Rapids Comic-Con 2021 “Spring Fling” button
• Prints of both the front and back cover of the 2021 “Spring Fling” program, bagged and boarded
• Official Grand Rapids Comic-Con lanyard
• Special VIP badge design and tote bag
Adults 13+: $18
Children 5-12: $5
Children ages 4 & under: Free
Here are a few items to consider when preparing a costume for cosplaying at a Grand Rapids Comic-Con event:
- The Grand Rapids Comic-Con show is a family-friendly event, so keep your costume PG-13 or cleaner. In other words, nothing overtly violent or sexual in orientation will be allowed. If it would be considered illegal on the street then it isn’t legal here either.
- Naked is not a costume, nor is body paint to replace shirts and/or pants. Overtly sexual costumes will not be allowed into the event. Cover up the bathing suit parts, no exposed butt cheek. Ladies: keep cleavage to a minimum, no underboob or sideboob. Guys: if you are wearing spandex wear a cup.
- Shoes of some sort are required.
- If your costume includes some sort of weapon, please make sure that the weapon is obviously fake. No steel swords, sharpened or not. Weapons should be made of plastic, foam, rubber, softer wood, or some other form of softer material. All guns must have an orange tip and are not allowed to shoot any type of projectile (darts, water, etc.); if your gun is not tipped orange you will either have to take it back to your vehicle or we will put orange tape on the end. No weapons made of steel or some other type of metal will be allowed. Weapons that were real at one point (for example, BB guns with the firing pins removed) are not allowed under any circumstance. No baseball bats of any size made of wood or aluminum, plastic ones are OK. The Grand Rapids Comic-Con does have the right to not allow certain weapon props into its events at their discretion.
- No gas-powered props of any kind, even if they no longer function.
We are not allowed any balloons because they cause havoc to the HVAC systems at the DeVos Place.
- If you are attending the Grand Rapids Comic-Con event as a group or a family, why not costume as a group? Themed group costumes are especially popular at comic, anime, and science fiction events and are more than welcome at the Grand Rapids Comic-Con.
- Why not pick a costume that has more of a retro theme? How about Flash Gordon, a character from The Wizard Of Oz, a 1980′s movie maniac, or a retro superhero? Be original and let those creative juices flow!
- Make sure to wear something that is actually comfortable! Remember that you may be wearing that costume for as many as eight hours, so make sure that it isn’t too hot, not too bulky, and functions well.
- If you are wearing a costume it will be commonplace for people to ask you to pose for a picture. This is part of the fun so please comply!
Are You Part Of A Cosplay Club?
Are you part of a cosplay group that is a 501(c)3 organization that does some sort of charity work? If you are please contact Mark Hodges at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will get back with you with a special deal for your club or organization to make an appearance at the Grand Rapids Comic-Con!